We spent the morning grabbing french pastries and coffee with friends and then into the mountains with just the four of us to skip rocks and listen to river water instead of sound systems. We found the teeniest little white weed flowers and I'm pressing one now because for some reason when I saw them I just thought of how sweet it will be when I finally get to hold our Margaret Shepherd in our arms, and I don't ever want to forget that wonder. We came home, Evan filled up on leftover beef stew and I licked a PB cherry yogurt bowl clean. One of those good, simple, breathing in mountain air thankful type days. And anything to interrupt the bedrest is so welcomed. Also, I smelled fall today, I promise it.
PB Cherry Yogurt Bowl
When you're all about that good morning wake up, and fueling up with energy sources the good Lord gave us.
This little guy has become my new go-to morning concoction. It gives me energy and a full stomach without feeling heavy or weighed down (all my preggy friends said amen).
a few of the health benefits from this combo include:
- digestion aid
- oral health aid
- high is protein
- high in antioxidants (help fight disease, help protect cells against free radical damage)
- detoxifying agent
- energy boosting
- spirulina powder
- your favorite nut butter (we do peanut butter)
- cherries (your favorite kind)
- fine sea salt
- 1 container forager, vanilla bean cashew yogurt
- 1-2 TBSP melted nut butter in the bottom of your bowl
- dump yogurt on top
- swirl in 1/8 tsp spirulina powder until spotty throughout
- top with roasted cherries
- roasted cherries: (preheat oven to 450, once heated, sprinkle desired amount of cherries with sea salt and bake for 10 minutes, or until they burst)
Easy peasy and so tasty.